The Terengganu Health Department has recorded 204 dengue cases from Jan 1 to March 2 this year, a 628.6% rise compared to just 28 cases during the same period last year.
State Health director Dr Mohd Jusoh said Kuala Terengganu district led with 114 cases, followed by Kuala Nerus (27), Dungun (21), Marang (19), Besut (12), Kemaman (five) and three each in Hulu Terengganu and Setiu.
“Up to March 2, there were seven outbreaks in Terengganu – three in Kuala Terengganu and two each in Kuala Nerus and Marang – while other districts are still free of dengue outbreaks.
“All outbreaks have ended and the situation is under control.
“Some 63 gotong-royong were organised throughout the state in an effort to prevent dengue and today, we have a major gotong-royong in Dungun,” he said in a statement Saturday (March 9).
A total of 32,582 premises have been inspected and from the number, 514 premises were found positive for Aedes mosquito breeding while 240 premises were issued compound notices under the Destruction of Disease-Bearing Insects Act 1975. – Bernama